Unit Councils & Nursing Programs
Nurse Ambassador Program
- Joined the Nurse Ambassador Program to assist student nurses and new hire RNs.
- Completes necessary preceptor, leadership, and critical thinking modules annually.
- Precepts new hire RNs during orientation training.
- Precepts last semester student nurses whom are completing their management/leadership clinical rotation. Responsibilities include creating daily assignments for the SN, along with evaluating their prioritization and patient care skills. Precepts SN for 180 hours, one semester, and evaluates overall progress at the end of the semester based on the student nurse's college or university evaluation guidelines.
RAFT Unit Council
- Assisted with developing monthly unit newsletters.
- Created charts based on patient falls to identify trends between units, years, qualifying events and risk factors.
- Unit Council goal is to decrease, and eliminate if possible, the amount of patient falls.
- Enforces new ideas for hourly rounding and other test interventions to implement and then evaluate the effectiveness of patient safety and decreasing patient falls.